Our jewelry is meant to be worn everyday. Most jewelry we sell doesn't require too much care (unless otherwise stated), but we do have a few tips for you for when you clean your pieces, and things you should avoid to prolong the life of your pieces!
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- Use mild soap and lukewarm water and soak your piece in the solution for 5 minutes.
- Gently scrub your piece with a soft bristled toothbrush or with your fingers. Make sure to really focus on the areas with the most build-up.
- Gently pat your piece dry with a soft cloth.
- Rinse and repeat if needed.
- If your piece is losing its shine, use a polishing cloth to help restore its original luster. Our favorite is the Sunshine Polishing Cloth - it seriously works wonders!
Day-to-day Preventative Care
- Don't apply harsh chemicals directly on the pieces (e.g. hand sanitizer, lotion, perfume, sunscreen). If you are applying these on your body, put your jewelry on after everything is applied.
- Avoid pools and hot tubs, as the chlorine will damage the gold.
- Avoid swimming in the ocean, as the salt water can harm the gold.
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, it's very important to store it in a sealed zip lock bag or jewelry case.
- Put your jewelry on last when getting ready! Perfumes, lotions, and some cosmetics can accelerate tarnishing. Let these items settle into your skin before putting on your jewelry.
For more details, please see our guide on How to Care for Your Jewelry. Enjoy your pieces!